Friday, May 8, 2015

Get Out of Your But


If I asked you how much you love your life on a scale of 0-10 (0 being the worst and 10 being the best) what would you say? 

For some of you, you might say, “I love all areas of my life BUT…….”and then you would go on to tell me the one area you aren’t happy with.

I’ve experienced that same thing, in fact I’ll be honest and admit I’m  currently very happy with my life, but...... I’m happy with: the events of my day (e.g. being able to work out and socialize at the gym for 2 hours 4 days a week), my relationship with my Hunka-Hunka-Burning Love, my interaction with my children, my ability to help individuals work through very difficult issues, the support and love of awesome friends, the location of where I live ( a manageable home in South Carolina) and the fact I am healthy, energetic and still have all of my mental capacities, BUT……… I’m still not making the amount of money I think I should be.

Instead of focusing on the one area of my life which isn’t how I think it should be, I am choosing to deliberately be in a state of thankfulness and gratitude for all of the other areas of my life which I am so happy  and thankful for.

Spiritually, I remind myself that “My God shall provide ALL of your needs according to HIS riches in glory in Christ Jesus.  I have always had every one of financial needs met so why should I start doubting His ability to provide for me now?

Sometimes we need to look back to be reminded of how things have worked out in the past.  I can give so many examples of when money appeared without me having to do a single thing to procure it (e.g. my first year of college was paid by a family I babysat for.  I had done nothing to ask for their assistance, they just wanted to honor me for being such a blessing to their family).Yet, many other times I have tried to get busy and help the universe out by forcing things to happen(e.g. deciding I was going to marry someone after only knowing him for one week). Those situations were the ones which ended up biting me in the butt.

So today I will get out of my BUT and live in Faith.  I believe God is constantly arranging situations for our greater good. I can chose to love EVERY aspect of my life (even the area that isn’t what I think it should be) while I’m waiting and trusting that my life is exactly as it should be in this moment of time. 

How about you? Do you need to get out of your but? Could you choose to love your life despite that one area which isn’t where you want it to be yet?

Stacy Rothenberger
Certified Mindset and Relationship Coach
Communication Disorders Expert

No comments:

Post a Comment